Did You Do Something Meaningful Today?
In Johann Hari’s book, Lost Connections, Hari reports that about 83% of us do not find our jobs to be meaningful. If we had a choice to not work because money would no longer be a factor in our lives, 83% of us would walk away from our jobs or careers and find something else to do that we are passionate about. The other 17% of us would continue to do the work that we do or stay in the same career that we are in whether we won the lottery or not. Hari contends that any job or